Monday, September 21, 2009

Gratitude

I’m not sure if I would call this a form of “PDA,” because in fact it is a public display of affection (thank you Carly for always making sure we’re behaving appropriately in public haha)… but the past 6 months of my life have been too incredible to not share with the world…

I can’t help but feel gratitude for meeting the most amazing person in the world to share the rest of my life with. It’s an incredible phenomenon when each individual in a relationship becomes a better form of themselves when together. That’s when you know it’s meant to be. Recently Becca and I have been through some pretty stressful and tough times… and I know had I been through such trials before I met Becca I would have handled them completely different.

Since being back in the swing of things with full-time school and part-time work for the both of us it’s been tough to squeeze in our usual carefree fun time. But even being by her side while studying like crazy for Nursing and Engineering school helps me fall deeper in love with her each day.

Now most people who know me well know that I love my Utes. On a number of occasions I have been known to throw some pretty big fits when the season doesn’t go my way, as was the case with the Utes this last weekend when the football team lost for the first time in a couple years to the Oregon Ducks. But when the Utes lost this weekend I pouted for a couple minutes, walked over to Becca, got a big hug and kiss from her, and my world was back at peace. Now that’s magical… really. Ask my family, and they’ll agree that it takes a special person to have THAT kind of effect on me.

Moral of the story: I’m more than grateful for Becca in my life, and it’s crazy to think that in less than 3 weeks I will have made the most important decision of my life. Growing up I always imagined there would be some sort of cold feet or doubt or fear or something! But since the beginning, the idea of marrying Becca has never been anything but the best decision I’ve ever made. I love you Bex and can’t wait to start forever with you!!!

-Tay

1 comment:

The Duncans said...

Post something new would ya!!!!??? I am getting bored of checking and having nothing new to read about. Its not like you have had anything else to do! Ha ha, just joking, but I do want to see a new post sometime.